Sunday, May 07, 2006

I upgraded to an X41 Tablet

I got a ThinkPad X41 tablet for work about two weeks ago, as a replacement for my Fujitsu Lifebook T3010D. After spending the weekend configuring it so it had everything my old Fujitsu did, I took it to EMC World and took notes for four days. I've had some office days and my usual weekly St. Louis trip to work with it so I wanted to get my impressions down. I'll start with the good, then let the complaining begin, and then I have a section called "The different" for those of you who wonder what it's like to switch from an older TabletPC to a new one.

The good:

The bad:

The different:


To give you a real synopsis in case you didn't want to read all those words, I'd say that thanks to the battery life and generally professional package make this a totally worthwhile upgrade for me (despite the fact that it has the same RAM, slightly better graphics, and is only 200MHz faster). I'm sorry to my TabletPC posse that I didn't get much into the tablet-specific stuff; if you are unfamiliar with TabletPC features there are plenty of reviews out there of this model. I've had a tablet for almost a year and a half and so I just wanted to compare that model (Fujitsu T3010D) to this model.


Technorati tag(s):

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker